Tuesday, December 21, 2010

for malia, for betsy

December 31, 2009

As Malia prepares to leave heaven and join us here on earth she is met by her grandfather, Herminio Bautista. Malia and her grandfather greet each other warmly, and are surprised to see one another, as they did not expect to meet so soon. Grandpa Bautista explains to baby Malia that though his time on earth has finished, and they will not meet again when she arrives on earth. They are delighted that they have been blessed with this precious time to spend together in heaven.

Fast forward to the beginning of March...

Just before Malia will depart from heaven, Grandpa will place in her hands a glowing golden orb. "What is this Grandpa?", Malia will ask. Grandpa will reply, "It is the greatest gift I could give you. Hold it tight in your tiny hands, and as you descend to earth it will transcend your flesh, and dissolve into your soul. I am giving you the gift of everything that was good in me - my devotion, my integrity, my strength, and my courage. The orb will disappear, but the light that it emits will shine forever in your eyes, and when your mommy gazes into them she will feel my love". Malia and grandpa will hug each other tightly one last time, they will whisper their good byes.

This is where Malia's journey on earth begins, but as you can see, her birth was not the beginning of her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment